We love our volunteers!
Our volunteers make our work possible. Check out our Volunteer Spotlight to read about a person or group who has really made a difference for Ruth’s House!Volunteer Spotlight
If you want to make a positive difference in the lives of women and children who are going through tough transitions, Ruth’s House would love to have you or your group volunteer with us. Our ability to offer help and hope is made possible by the contributions of our many volunteers, who together give about 4,000 hours each year to support our work and our residents.
Listed below are some of the jobs volunteers can do. Be sure to check out our lists of current and ongoing volunteer needs:
- See our current needs or our list of ongoing volunteer opportunities.
- Provide transportation to help residents get to appointments.
- Provide child care for residents who are working or attending classes.
- Assist with yard care and home improvements/repairs.
- Help our fundraising committee with an upcoming fundraising event.
Ruth’s House has many opportunities for student internships, service learning groups, job-shadowing and volunteer hours. We welcome you to contact us about an opportunity that fits your interests!
To become a volunteer, please fill out our Volunteer Application Form and return it to Ruth’s House staff. For the security of our residents, all volunteers who help at our facilities are required to complete a background check.Volunteer Application Form
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about volunteering with Ruth’s House.
Other Ways to Help
In addition to volunteering your time and talents, you can help Ruth’s House in many other ways:
- Donate house supplies (current list available here and published periodically in the Faribault Daily News and Northfield News).
- Attend our annual Hearts Gala on February 11, 2017, and consider making a donation to the silent, live and dessert auctions.
- Pray and meditate for the mission of Ruth’s House and the well-being of the families we serve.
- You can always make a difference with a financial contribution.